Sunday, December 12, 2010

promise

i had been waiting for you

to come and see me...

everyone around me told me that my wish will go waste

like that of millions before me

in the last 1000 years

on this high lonely mountain top...

i had just 5 days

before i would have been no more....

it was so cold

but i braved the ice cold northern winds

whistling past this peak,

i survived without food and water

on just a stray ray of sunshine getting past the dark gloomy clouds above...

i was sure you would come

but every stone around me

laughed at me!

i knew there is no proper pathway upto here from the distant valley below

i knew a fall from this height would have meant a sure painful death

i knew i had nothing to give you in return if you came

i knew you could find millions better than me in the valley below

and in the lands afar!

but i still had an unfound faith that you would come to see me

before i breathed my last!!!

---

now when you have come

everyone around is shocked

in disbelief!

the stones have realised the power of feelings...

the snow has felt the warmth of emotions...

the winds have believed the song of love...

the clouds have seen the realisation of wishes...

the sunshine has remembered the lost ray of hope...

---

thank you for coming, my love!

my life hasn't gone waste...

now i can afford to sleep

but i promise to flower again

even in the autumn

if you promise

to come back again

to see your love blossom again

for you

this far

this high!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment